The sermon this past Sunday was on "What To Do When You Feel Like Quitting." Among other things, we should lean on Godly friends.
Here are 5 qualities to look for and to be for others.
1. Godly friends listen before they speak. You can't help someone until you listen to them. As you listen pray for the Lord to give you wisdom. (James 1:19)
2. Godly friends speak the truth in love. Friends who speak truth as well as encourage are those who have eternal impact on our lives. (Eph. 4:15)
3. Godly friends point you to Scripture more than their experience. Life experience can be valuable but it lacks the consistency that God's Word gives to the human heart. (Ps. 19:7-11)
4. Godly friends remind you of the gospel without being preachy. Learn to gently expose how the gospel meet your friends in their deepest pain.
5. Godly friends pray for you and with you. When we tell someone we will pray for them we should keep that promise. But we should also pray with people investing our lives in their difficulties. (Eph. 6:18; Gal. 6:2)